We strongly recommend that you read the manufacturer's user manual, for your convenience we have attached a copy of the manual to this article in .pdf format. If you want a quick guide on how to set up your charger to charge a 4S battery read along.
1. Read our "How do I charge Lipo batteries?" article for general must-know information.
3. Connect the power supply XT60 female connector to the M8 Charger module input on the back of the charger. Use the picture below for reference.
4. Connect the parallel charging board XT60 female connector to the output connection on the side of the M8 Charger module.
5. Connect the balance port charging cable that came with the parallel charging board to the chargon board. See the picture below for details.
6. Use the picture below as a reference on how to connect the balance port from the parallel charging board to the M8 Charger. The arrows should be on the bottom side of the M8 Charger. Be very careful not to force the connector in, align the pins with the connector and avoid bending them.
If you connected the cable correctly you should see two pins to the right side of the white balance port connector, not in use. See the picture below.
7. Connect your power supply to a power outlet. The screen should turn ON!
8. Connect the batteries to the parallel charging board. You can only charge the same S-Count type of batteries at any given moment. In other words, do not charge a 3S with a 4S at the same time. For more information on how to parallel charge click here.
9. Turn the dial on the M8 Charger CW and CCW to cycle through the menu. Click down on the turn dial to dive into a menu. Click the EXIT button to go back.
10. Cycle to "Charger" and click OK
11. Using the dial button set up the charging parameters. If you do not know how to calculate the correct Charge Amp rate we recommend you keep it below 1. When you are ready to charge cycle to "CHG" on the menu on the bottom left and press down OK.