Depending on the type of flight you are doing, it might be necessary by law to follow a preflight checklist and document the flight in a log report. We encourage you to get acquainted with your local laws. Even if the flying that you are doing is for fun, we recommend you follow the following documentation procedure to ensure safety and joyful experience.
Pilot Awareness - Follow the checklist and inspect each element, go to next step only when all is OK.
- ____- The pilot has read and understood the information provided in this manual and additional product-specific supporting material.
- ____- Pilot Understands that Using a Drone is a High-Risk Activity
Location Preflight Checklist - Follow the checklist and inspect each element, go to next step only when all is OK.
- ____- Verify Local UAS Flight Regulations
- ____- Location Risks Identified (trees, powerlines, people, etc.)
- ____- Determine Safe Flight Route
- ____- Assign a Spotter (must be able to maintain a line of sight with the drone at all time)
Equipment Preflight Checklist - Follow the checklist and inspect each element, take off only when all is OK and conditions are safe.
- ____- Prop Configuration OK and Tight
- ____- Batteries Charged and Securely Strapped
- ____- Air Unit Hardware OK (frame, antennas, motors, etc, working OK)
- ____- Controller Hardware OK (sticks, buttons, antennas, working OK)
- ____- FPV Goggles Hardware OK (screen, buttons, antennas, working OK)
- ____- Controller Sticks & Switch Positions (throttle down, switch in dis-arm position with desired flight mode selected)
- ____- Power ON = Controller, Goggles, and Air Unit
- ____- FPV Video Signal Free of External Interference
- ____- Video Recording on FPV Goggles, Air Unit and/or Action Camera (verify memory before liftoff)
You understand and agree that using a drone is a high-risk activity. To the extent permitted by law, you expressly and voluntarily assume the risk of death or other personal injury sustained while participating in such activity. Whether or not caused by the negligence or any other fault of Rotor Riot including but not limited to equipment malfunction from whatever cause, or any other failure of Rotor Riot. Additionally, you agree to indemnify, defend, release and hold Rotor Riot harmless from any third party claims arising from such high-risk activities or use of any other Rotor Riot Product.